For more than a century, the well-known Farberware brand has been making high-quality kitchen appliances. Their coffee percolators are no exception, and there’s one for every preference.
Whether you’re a coffee enthusiast or just want a reliable way to brew your morning cup, Farberware has something for you.With so many options, picking the right Farberware coffee percolator can be overwhelming.
So, in this article, we’ll review and recommend the best Farberware coffee percolators on the market, considering factors like Farberware coffee percolator reviews, capacity, brewing time, ease of use, and cleaning.
How to Use a Farberware Percolator
Here are the general steps for using a Farberware percolator:
- Wash the percolator thoroughly before using it for the first time.
- Fill the percolator with cold water up to the desired level based on the coffee you want.
- Add coarsely ground coffee to the basket, using about one tablespoon of coffee per cup of water.
- Place the basket onto the stem of the percolator and close the lid.
- Plug in the percolator and turn it on.
- Wait for the percolator to heat up and start brewing. Depending on the percolator’s model and size, it usually takes 3-10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the brewing process until the coffee reaches your desired strength.
- Once the brewing cycle is complete, the percolator will stop automatically, and the Ready light will glow.
- Unplug the percolator and carefully pour the coffee into your mug or carafe.
Remember, instructions may differ depending on what model you have. It’s always best to read the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific model.
Farberware Coffee Percolators: Features and Benefits
According to coffee percolator reviews, Farberware has popular options for coffee lovers who enjoy the traditional stovetop brewing method. These come in electric and stovetop models. Plus, there are many sizes to suit everyone’s needs.
Below, we’ve sorted out some features and benefits of Farberware coffee percolators for you.
Durable Construction: Looking for the best stainless steel coffee percolator? Well, Farberware coffee percolators have high-quality stainless steel, making them durable and long-lasting. The stainless steel construction also makes the percolator easy to clean and maintain.
Fast Brewing: Farberware coffee percolators are designed to brew quickly and efficiently. The electric Farberware 12-cup percolator can brew up to 12 cups of coffee in just a few minutes. Stovetop models can brew up to 8 cups just as fast.
Automatic “Keep Warm” Function: Many Farberware coffee percolators have an automatic “keep warm” function, which keeps the coffee at the perfect temperature. If you love sipping your coffee throughout the day, this feature’s for you!
Easy to Use: There’s no doubt that Farberware coffee percolators are easy to use. They have simple controls and clear instructions. Even if you’re new to the art of percolator brewing, you’ll get the hang of it in no time.
Great Tasting Coffee: Farberware coffee percolators brew delicious, full-bodied coffee rich in flavor and aroma. Whether you prefer a light or dark roast, you can brew the perfect cup with a Farberware percolator.
Range of Sizes: Farberware percolators come in various sizes, from the Farberware 2-4 cup percolator to larger, 12-cup models. This size selection makes it easy to find a percolator that’s right for you.
Affordable: Farberware coffee percolators are reasonably priced for coffee lovers who want to enjoy the traditional stovetop brewing method without breaking the bank. Prices range from around $30 to $70, depending on the model and size.
To wrap up this section, Farberware coffee percolators are an appropriate choice for coffee lovers who enjoy the traditional stovetop brewing method.
With their durable build, fast brewing times, automatic “keep warm” function, and tasty coffee, Farberware percolators are an affordable and reliable option.
Our Top Picks for Farberware Coffee Percolators
1. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Coffee Percolator
As you’re combing through the best electric coffee percolator reviews, you’re sure to spot this model. The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Coffee Percolator is our top pick for coffee lovers who love that classic, traditional look.
It has a capacity of up to 8 cups, making it perfect for small get-togethers or personal use. The percolator has high-quality stainless steel, guaranteeing durability and longevity.
- Classic Design: The Yosemite Coffee Percolator has a traditional design that’s stylish yet functional. No doubt, it adds a classy touch to your countertop.
- Durable Construction: Made from stainless steel, this percolator is built to last. Thanks to the steel, it’s sturdy and can defy wear and tear.
- Brews Delicious Coffee: The percolator extracts fuller, richer flavor from your coffee. Plus, it brews up to 12 cups at a time, so it’s perfect for entertaining or households with more than a couple of coffee drinkers.
- Easy to Clean: The Yosemite Coffee Percolator is easy to clean. All you have to do is rinse it out with soap and water, and it’s ready to use again!
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Not As Convenient As A Drip Coffee Maker: While the Yosemite Coffee Percolator brews great coffee, it could be more convenient. It takes longer to brew and needs more attention during the brewing process.
- The Handle Can Get Hot: In coffee percolator reviews, some users say the handle can get hot when brewing coffee. It’s a bit of a safety concern, especially if you have young children around.
For your convenience, the Farberware Yosemite 8-cup percolator has a permanent filter basket that eliminates the need for paper filters.
Also, it has a clear glass knob to monitor the brewing process. The percolator is dishwasher safe, so it’s easy to clean.
2. Farberware 12-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator
The Farberware 12-Cup Percolator, made of stainless steel, is a great choice for coffee lovers who require a larger capacity. It brews up to 12 cups of coffee, as the name implies, and it also has a keep-warm function to keep your coffee hot for longer.
The percolator is made of high-quality stainless steel that promotes longevity and durability.
- Stylish Design: The sleek and modern design of this Farberware 12-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator will be a stunning addition to your countertop.
- Large Capacity: With a 12-cup capacity, this percolator is perfect for entertaining or for households with multiple coffee drinkers.
- Durable Construction: Made from stainless steel, this percolator is built to last. It’s sturdy and can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
- Brews Great Coffee: The percolator is designed to extract a fuller, richer flavor from your coffee. It brews coffee quickly and efficiently, so you can enjoy a delicious coffee in no time.
- Easy to Clean: The Farberware 12-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator is easy to clean. Simply rinse it out with soap and water, and it’s ready to use again.
- Handle Can Get Hot: The occasional review reports that the handle gets warm when brewing coffee, which may be a safety issue.
- Not As Convenient As A Drip Coffee Maker: While the Farberware 12-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator brews tasty coffee, it’s less convenient than a drip coffee maker because it takes longer and demands a bit more work.
As a bonus, this percolator has a permanent filter basket, so you won’t need paper filters. It has a glass knob so you can watch the brewing process, and it’s dishwasher safe.
- Classic coffee maker: Make delicious coffee morning or evening with The Original 8-Cup Farberware Stovetop Percolator
3. Farberware 2-4 Cup Percolator
Do you only brew a small amount of coffee at a time? Well, the Farberware 2-4 Cup Percolator is perfect for you. It holds up to 4 cups, making it ideal for personal use or modest gatherings. The high-quality stainless steel on this percolator gives it a durable and long-lasting edge.
Small-batch coffee is made simple with the Farberware 2-4 Cup Coffee Percolator. Ideal for homes or offices with just a few coffee drinkers, this percolator quickly and easily creates a rich, flavorful cup of coffee.
- Compact Size: Perfect for small kitchens, dorm rooms, or office spaces, the 2-4 cup capacity allows for brewing a smaller amount of coffee without wasting any.
- Quick Brewing: The powerful heating element ensures that your coffee is brewed quickly, usually within minutes.
- Stainless Steel Construction: The percolator is made of durable stainless steel, which not only looks sleek but also offers long-lasting performance.
- Easy to Clean: The detachable power cord and removable coffee basket make cleaning the percolator a breeze.
- Automatic Keep-Warm Function: The percolator maintains the coffee’s temperature after brewing, ensuring it stays hot and ready to drink.
- Indicator Light: A built-in light lets you know when your coffee is ready to be served, taking the guesswork out of brewing.
- Limited Capacity: The 2-4 cup capacity might not be sufficient for larger households or gatherings. For those situations, a larger percolator might be more suitable.
- No Programmability: Unlike some other coffee makers, the Farberware percolator lacks programmable settings or a timer for automatic brewing.
- Slight Learning Curve: First-time percolator users might have a hard time with the trial and error involved in brewing the perfect cup, but once mastered, Farberware makes the process simple.
- Not Dishwasher Safe: While the percolator is easy to clean, it is not dishwasher safe and must be washed by hand.
Overall, the Farberware 2-4 Cup Coffee Percolator is reliable and efficient for anyone who needs a smaller coffee maker. Its compact size and stainless steel build make it a stylish and practical addition to any kitchen or office.
It’s missing some advanced features found in other coffee makers, but its ease of use and quick brewing time may outweigh the cons.
Did we mention that the Farberware 2-4-cup percolator, stainless steel, FCP240 model has a permanent filter basket? It’s also dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain, and features a clear, glass knob to monitor the brewing process.
When choosing the best coffee maker, the amount of coffee a percolator can make matters a lot.
- PREMIUM QUALITY COFFEE PERCOLATOR – Classic electric percolator brews from 2 to 10 cups of great-tasting coffee, hot,…
4. Farberware FCP412
The Farberware FCP412 Coffee Percolator is a great choice for coffee lovers who admire percolated coffee’s classic taste.
- Durability: Made with high-quality stainless steel, making it durable and long-lasting
- Large Capacity: 12-cup capacity, perfect for entertaining guests or for enjoying multiple cups of coffee throughout the day
- Ease of Use & Cleaning: Easy to set up, use, and clean. Comes with clear instructions.
- Excellent Coffee: Brews coffee at the perfect temperature, ensuring rich, flavorful, and perfectly brewed coffee
- Keep-Warm Function: Comes with a convenient keep-warm function, keeping your coffee hot and fresh for hours
- Mobility: Has a detachable cord, making it simple to move around or store
- Noisy: The occasional Farberware FCP412 review states that it can be a bit noisy during the brewing process.
- Long Brewing Time: Takes longer to brew coffee than other types of coffee makers
- No Shut-Off Feature: Does not have an automatic shut-off feature, which means that you will need to manually turn it off when your coffee is ready
Overall, the Farberware FCP412 Coffee Percolator is an excellent option for anyone who loves percolated coffee. However, its noise level, longer brewing time, and lack of automatic shut-off may sway some users.
If you’re looking for a high-quality coffee percolator, the Farberware FCP412 is worth a second look.
How to Choose the Right Farberware Coffee Percolator
When choosing a Farberware coffee percolator, capacity is a key factor. If you’re brewing coffee for a large family, a 12-cup percolator like the Farberware Classic Series Yosemite Stainless Steel 12-Cup Stove-Top Percolator is the best pick.
Smaller households may prefer a 2-8 cup electric percolator like the Farberware FCP280 2-8 Cup Electric Percolator.
Another key consideration is material. Farberware coffee percolators are usually stainless steel or aluminum. If you invest in the best stainless steel coffee percolator, it’ll be more durable and resistant to rust and corrosion, but it’ll also be more expensive.
Aluminum is more affordable but not as durable as stainless steel. Also, corrosion may cause further damage to aluminum over time.
3. Brewing Time and Coffee Taste
How long do you want to wait for your coffee, and how do you want it to taste? Farberware percolators take between 5-10 minutes to brew a pot of coffee. Brewing time varies depending on the percolator’s model and capacity.
Percolators are known for drawing out strong, bold flavors that some coffee lovers prefer. However, if you prefer a milder taste, a drip coffee maker may take the win.
4. Ease of Use
There may be a slight learning curve with any new appliance, but even so, you should consider ease of use when shopping.
Look for user-friendly features like an easy-to-pour spout, a clear knob on top of the lid to monitor the brewing process, and a detachable cord for easy storage. Additionally, look for a percolator that’s easy to disassemble and clean.
Finally, you should compare the prices of Farberware coffee percolators. You could end up spending $30 to over $100, depending on the model and features. Decide on your budget and look for a percolator that meets your needs while staying in that price range.
So, when shopping for your Farberware coffee percolator, assess the capacity, material, brewing time, coffee taste, ease of use, and price. Considering these factors, you can find the perfect Farberware percolator to suit your taste.
Care and Maintenance of Farberware Coffee Percolators
Cleaning your Farberware coffee percolator is a necessary chore so it continues to make great coffee. Simply wash it after each use to avoid build-up. Use warm, soapy water and a soft sponge to clean the inside and outside.
Don’t forget to rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry with a soft cloth or towel.
If you see any buildup or stains inside the percolator, try using a mixture of vinegar and water to clean it. Fill the percolator with equal parts of water and vinegar and run it through a brewing cycle. Then, run another cycle with just water to thoroughly rinse the percolator.
It’s also essential to clean the coffee basket and pump tube regularly. Take them out of the percolator and wash them with warm, soapy water. Rinse well and dry before putting them back in your percolator.
Store your Farberware coffee percolator when you’re not using it. Dry it completely before storing it to prevent mold and mildew. Carefully store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
If you’ll store your percolator for a long time, it’s best to remove the cord and wrap it neatly around the base of the percolator. This strategy will prevent tangling or damage during storage.
Finally, store your percolator in its original packaging or a protective case to prevent scratches and other damage.
Is Farberware coffee maker good?
The answer to this question is not simple because people have different tastes. However, in general, Farberware coffee makers are regarded as reliable and of high quality. The capacity and range of brewing options on Farberware coffee makers are two of the main advantages.
How long does a Farberware percolator last?
A Farberware percolator can last anywhere from 2-6 years. It all depends on how often the percolator is used and how clean it is kept.
How Do You Use a Farberware Electric Percolator?
To make great-tasting coffee with a Farberware percolator, make sure to wash it thoroughly before use and fill it with fresh tap water to the desired number of cups. Use coarse ground coffee and add it to the basket, then place the basket on the pump tube and in the center of the percolator. Close the lid and plug in the percolator. Press the on/off button and wait for it to stop brewing. Carefully remove the coffee basket, pump tube, and lid immediately to avoid bitter coffee. Use gloves to avoid burns.
How Do You Make Coffee in a Farberware Electric Percolator?
To make coffee in a Farberware electric percolator, first fill the reservoir with fresh cold water. Place the coffee filter in the metal filter holder and insert it into the percolator. Plug the percolator in to an electrical outlet and set the timer. When the timer goes off, pour the water into the coffee chamber and wait two minutes for the coffee to percolate. After two minutes, remove the coffee chamber and enjoy your coffee.
How Do You Clean an Electric Coffee Percolator?
There are a couple of ways to clean an electric coffee percolator. One is to disassemble it and clean all of the parts separately. Another is to fill the percolator with boiling water, turn it off, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then, you can pour a pot of cold water into the percolator and use a cleaning brush to scrub it clean.
How Do You Program a Farberware Electric Coffee Percolator?
It’s easy to program a Farberware Electric Coffee Percolator as it percolates coffee in the same way with most electric percolators.
To program your electric percolator, you need to ensure that it’s disconnected from the wall and add cold water.
When adding the water, be sure to observe the maximum level recommended to avoid creating a mess or ruining the percolator.
The next thing is to add your coarsely-ground coffee beans on the coffee basket.
Once you add the coffee, cover the percolator with the lid and check if everything is in place before plugging in the percolator.
When the water boils, set your timer and wait for your coffee to perk for five to eight minutes depending on the coffee strength you want.
How Much Coffee Do You Use for 12 Cups of Farberware Percolator?
The recommended amount of coffee for 12 cups is ten tablespoons for a medium strength coffee.
However, there is no specific amount of coffee that you should use in a 12 cup Farberware percolator. The amount may vary depending on personal preference.
If you want a stronger coffee, the number of tablespoons can go up to 12, but for weaker coffee then you can reduce the tablespoons to 8.
As a brief review, Farberware coffee percolators are a solid option for anyone who enjoys a classic cup of coffee.
They come in various sizes and styles to fit any household or office. The 2-4 cup percolator is perfect for smaller households or those who only need a few cups of coffee. On the other hand, the 12-cup percolator is perfect for larger households or those who entertain frequently.
Since a percolator keeps coffee hot for longer periods of time, you don’t have to worry about reheating your coffee all day. Plus, the stainless-steel filterless basket is dishwasher-safe, making it easy to clean.
Consider your specific needs and preferences as you shop around for Farberware percolators. If you prefer a stovetop type, the Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Coffee Percolator is perfect. Are electric percolators your thing?
Then, your pick might be the Farberware FCP240 2-4 Cup Electric Percolator.
All in all, Farberware coffee percolators give coffee lovers a reliable and classic way to create their morning cups of joe. With their durable builds and easy-to-use designs, they’re sure to keep you happily brewing for years to come.